Volunteer members help to make NRLFCU different from other types of financial institutions.
It is the duty of the nominating and education committee to find interested volunteers who have the necessary qualifications to serve on the board and other committees for the NRLFCU. Currently, we are accepting applications for the Board of Directors, the Supervisory Committee, and for the position of Associate Director.
In addition to oversight and strategic direction, as a Director or member of the Supervisory Committee, you will collaborate with others to sustain cooperative credit union principles. You will:
- Work with fellow Directors and Senior Management to collaboratively shape strategic planning and policy
- Serve as one of several representative voices pertaining to FCU services
- Enjoy access to financial and leadership training through Credit Union associations and regulatory bodies.
Credit Union members will benefit from your qualifications and commitment including:
- Previous experience in strategic planning and/or volunteer service
- Having been an NRLFCU member for 2+ years
- Thorough and thoughtful engagement in monthly meetings, annual strategic planning weekends, and committee participation
- A commitment to 3 years’ service
Applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Time flexibility
- Strategic and creative thinking
We are looking for balance in terms of interest, experience, needs, and member representation. In addition, we expect to maintain a volunteer and board candidate pool through qualified appointments to committees.
Your application can be completed and forwarded to your nearest branch location of the NRLFCU, marked for attention Nominating and Education Committee chairperson. If you have any questions, email the nominating/education committee.APPLY HERE